PFLAG UK - USEFUL LINKS & RESOURCES
There are many lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender resources on the Internet. Here are a selection of some of the most useful websites.
- About Equal Opportunities (UK) – includes a section on equality in relation to sexuality
- bi.org – serving the world bisexual community
- Digital Diversity (UK)
- Gay/Bisexual Male Youth Suicidality Studies
- Index of National and International Gay and Lesbian Organizations and Publications
- Knitting Circle – resources for UK lesbian and gay studies
- Lesbian and Gay Directories and Search Engines
- Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Student Societies, UK and Ireland
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans History Month (UK)
- Lesbian Information Service (UK)
- Queer Resources Directory
- The Transgender Zone – UK-based advice, information, news and research for the transgender community
- Yahoo: Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual index
- Yahoo UK and Ireland: Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual index
- STANCE Against Homophobic Bullying – a resource pack for schools
LGBT Rights Groups:
- United Kingdom:
- Outrage (Peter Tatchell) - "Peter Tatchell was one of the 30 people who collectively founded the queers rights direct action group, OutRage!, on 10 May 1990. Daring, witty, imaginative and defiant, OutRage!’s style of non-violent civil disobedience has elevated activism into an art form: protest as performance."
- Stonewall - "Stonewall was founded in 1989 by a small group of women and men who had been active in the struggle against Section 28 of the Local Government Act. The aim from the outset was to create a professional lobbying group that would prevent such attacks on lesbians, gay men and bisexuals from ever occurring again. Stonewall has subsequently put the case for equality on the mainstream political agenda by winning support within all the main political parties and now has offices in England, Scotland and Wales."
- The Pink Triangle Trust - "A charitable trust set up in 1992 to advance the education of the public, and particularly of lesbians and gay men, in the principles and practice of Humanism, and to advance the education of the public, and particularly of Humanists, about all aspects of homosexuality. It may also assist individuals to obtain remedies under the law where they have suffered unlawful discrimination on account of their homosexuality or their Humanism."
- Amnesty International UK Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Network
- Equality Alliance – umbrella group of organisations working to promote equality
- Equality Network (Scotland)
- expectRespect – The Employers’ Forum on Sexual Orientation
- Lesbian and Gay Employment Rights
- Amnesty International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Network
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission
- International Lesbian and Gay Association
Useful HIV/AIDS Links:
- UNAIDS - The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- The Body - An excellent overall AIDS reference site. It is searchable, and includes a forum on treatment.
- AIDS InfoNet - The AIDS InfoNet is a project of the New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center in the Infectious Diseases Division of the University of New Mexico School of Medicine.
- Kaiser Family Foundation HIV/AIDS archives - A database of publications on issues related to HIV and AIDS from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- AIDS Education Global Information System (AEGIS) - AEGIS describes itself as "the largest HIV knowledge base in the world." Their site includes a large section of Links.